- Six Strings - Unable To Dream

(Unable To Dream - Mirrored Insight)


This one slipped out of my brain while I wasn't really listening one night when, as the title might imply, I couldn't sleep.  I crawled out of bed at 1:30 in the morning, crept into my office, closed the door, and very quietly started playing The Pearl.  

I was playing around with a few simple chords and finger picking patterns and suddenly realized that I either wasn't fretting the chords properly or was just plain mis-fingering them.  It sounded really COOL though, so it didn't really register as a problem until after I'd written half of the song that eventually wound up in this video.  The real pain in the ass about this was trying to recreate the sound that I had in my head later that morning once I'd actually managed a bit of sleep.  That's when I figured out that, no, I wasn't playing a C Chord, I was playing an Am7.  And no, I wasn't playing a Dsus2, I was playing a D7sus2.

It goes downhill from there.

This is a TERRIBLE recording.  I need to re-record this with my condenser mic next to the speaker for better audio.  ...And I need to not fat-finger so many of the chords.  And.  And.

I have no idea if I'm improving anymore.  I just know that I really like the way this song came out.  Maybe that's enough.


The Pearl, Neck, All Up
Clean, 9, 9, 1:30
Shim 1, Noon, 8

Am7, D7sus2, Am7, D7Sus2
Am7, D7sus2, Am7, D7sus2
Fmaj7, G6, Fmaj7, G6, G
Am7, D7sus2, Am7, D7Sus2
Am7, D7, Am7, D7
G, D, Am
G, D, Am
G, D, Am
C, G, D
Am7, D7sus2, Am7, D7Sus2
Am7, D7sus2, Am7, D7sus2
Fmaj7, G6, Fmaj7, G6, G
Am

Comments

Popular Posts