- Six Strings - 0400

(0400 - Stephen Dekat)

There are times when I stop to think about how long I've actually been playing guitar and I wonder, "Am I making good progress?  Am I where I should be?"  Then I have to remind myself that where I -should- be is happy.  And playing still makes me very happy, regardless of how developed my skills are.

Freakin' bar chords...

Wherever I am, I'm at a point where I've started noodling around enough that I need to find a way to keep track of fun things I've discovered.  You'll hopefully see more videos like this one popping up in my blog as I find the time to record them.  They serve as excellent ways to keep track of how I did a thing, and...well, people keep asking me to record this stuff, so...you win.


This piece is called 0400, as in 0400 Hours.  That's when he wakes up every morning.  This is for him.  As for the sound, the Filtertrons and the Blues Overdrive from the Katana are working magic here.  There's a reason why I was so hot on getting a semi-hollow for this type of solo experimentation.  This one song completely made the purchase worth it.

Guitar: Gretsch Streamliner 2622 Hard-Tail
Pots: All Max
Pick-Up: Bridge
Amp: Boss Katana Mk I
Cabinet: (o'Clock): Clean, Gain 9, Vol 9, 
Effects: Blues Overdrive (G) 10, Tape Echo (O) 10, Hall Reverb (O) 10

Comments

Popular Posts