- Six Strings - Chorus Noodle Solo Multi-Track

(Questions - Tommy Emmanuel)

For anyone keeping score, I've been experimenting with multi-tracking so that I can lay some solo work down on top of the Chorus Noodle piece I've been developing.  My first attempt used my trusty looper, and you can watch it here.  To suggest that it was rough is an understatement, but I'm not here to win any beauty pageants.

What I -am- here to do is something a bit better the second time around.  With the help of my trusty Scarlett 2i4, I've finally been able to pipe some higher quality audio into GarageBand and actually make an attempt at a real, honest-to-God multi-track:


For this, I had to back the amp away from Crunch to Clean on the rhythm track.  The sound was so thick in Post that you couldn't hear some of the cooler shimmer from the chorus, and I wasn't sat with that.  When I make the final version of this song, I think I'm going to keep using the Gretsch for the rhythm and use Goose, my PRS, for the solo work.  

That's tomorrow's work though.  Or maybe next weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts