- Six Strings - In Retrospect v1

 (In Retrospect v1 - Mirrored Insight)


My guitar playing has stalled. I continue to refine my technique but I'm lacking in a serious direction to take my study given the limitations of my fretting hand. I sometimes wonder if I've pushed the limit of what I know to where it will go.

Then something like this falls out and I wonder if I simply lack imagination.

This is very, very unfinished. I recorded it so that I wouldn't forget what I've already learned so far. You can hear me playing with a few things in the latter half of the song, chords that don't precisely go along with the sequence. Regardless, it all sounds pretty fantastic with that effects mix.


Guitar Notes:

Guitar: Gretsch, both pick-ups, everything at 100%
Neunaber Seraphim: 2, 2:30, 9:30
Boss Katana MkII: Reverb Yellow @ 1, everything else off, Clean.

Chord Sequence:

Open G: 030xxx


Am, C, Am, C
Am, C, Open G, Am 
F, Am, F, Am
G, Am, Em, Am
Am, C, Am, C
Am, C, Open G, Am
F, C, F, C
?, Em, ?, Em

Things get a little crazy at this point as I start slipping strings...




Comments

Popular Posts