- Six Strings - Exhaust Noise v1

(Dear Mr. Fantasy - Traffic)


For anyone wondering where the hell I came up with that bizarre F chord that I'm playing at the 5th fret, you can thank Nobuo Uematsu and my mother.  Uematsu is the composer for many of the Final Fantasy game soundtracks, and he uses that triad during his excellent song 'Breezy' off of the FFVIII score, which I can half-ass my way through.  As for my mother, I really started paying attention to the notes in that chord as individuals when I was writing "Time To Go Exploring".  If you haven't run into that yet, you can check it out here.

As for this song, this is the result of me moving chord shapes around the neck of the guitar.  Again.  I stumbled into that HF, HC progression below and couldn't shake it.  I have no idea what the chords are that I'm pairing with it for the most part, but ... rule of cool, I guess.

I suppose if I were a proper guitar player, I'd be finding covers to bone my chops up on.  Oh well.  This song is just begging for a Wah pedal.  I have an Auto Wah built into my Katana, but it doesn't really sound good alongside the Phaser.  Put a Wah Pedal on my Christmas list, I guess.  Or whenever.

I really need to buy more patch cables so I can start looping again while still using my Seraphim.  More 'Oh Well'.


Guitar: Gretsch Streamliner 2622 Hardtail "Pearline/The Pearl"
Pots: All Max
Pick-Up: Bridge
Amp: Boss Katana Mk I
Cabinet: (o'Clock): Clean, Gain 9, Amp Vol Max, Master Vol 12
Effects: Phaser (O) 3:30, Tape Echo (O) 10, Hall Reverb (O) 10

Notes:

HF, HC, HF, HC, HF, HC, A#S2, A
HF, HC, HF, HC, HF, HC, A#S2, A
CAdd9, DS2/11, Em, CAdd9, DS2/11, Em
HF, HC, HF, HC, HF, HC, A#S2, A
HF, HC, HF, HC, HF, HC, A#S2, A
F7, C, F7, C, F7, C, Am, Em
F7, C, F7, C, F7, C, F7, G
HF, HC, HF, HC, HF, HC, A#S2, A
HF, HC, HF, HC, HF, HC, A#S2, A

HF = D Chord shape at the 5th fret, top four strings.
HC = A Chord shape at the 5th fret, top five strings.
A#S2 = A Chord shape at the 3rd fret, top five strings.
DS2/11 = CAdd9 Chord shape at the 4th fret, top five strings.




Comments

Popular Posts