- Six Strings - Chorus Noodle v1

(Endgame - R.E.M.)


Guitar: Gretsch Streamliner 2622 Hard-Tail
Pots: All Max
Pick-Up: Bridge
Amp: Boss Katana Mk I
Cabinet: (o'Clock): Crunch, Gain 9, Vol 9,
Effects: Chorus (G) 3, Tape Echo (O) 10, Hall Reverb (O) 10

Chording Notes:

A7s2, A7, A7s2, A7
Ems4, A7 Ems4, A7, A
A7s2, A7, A7s2, A7
Cs2, G, Cs2, G, B7, Em

For those of you who actually know what you're listening to, I have no idea what the first chord I'm playing is.  I found it by accident after playing guitar with my nephew.  He fretted a string that he shouldn't have and it made this really interesting sound when he played the full chord.  I built on that and came up with something that I chose to call an A7 Sus2 Chord:

- First finger, first fret, third string
- Second finger, second fret, second string
- Third finger, second fret, fourth string
- Voice everything but the low E

I also have no idea what the Em Sus4 chord actually is.  It's a standard Em chord with the third finger on the third fret, second string, like an A Sus4 with the first two fingers moved down a string on the second fret.  Love the way it sounds though...

And since we're continuing the trend of me not knowing what I'm doing, I have no bloody idea what that C Sus2 chord actually is either.  It's a standard C chord with the first finger lifted.  If you listen closely, you can hear me fretting the high E at the third fret from time to time.  I can just hear all of you classically trained musicians out there rolling your eyes and muttering, "What an ass."

That would be me, yes.

This comes in a little lower on time than I wanted it to, but I'm hoping that'll fatten out a little once the solo work I'm cranking on is ready to go.  Now the only problem I need to solve is how to lay the solo down using the equipment I have here at the house.  I suppose that's tomorrow's bridge.

Comments

Popular Posts