An Evening With Rodan + Fields Skin Care

(The Diggers' Waltz - Tommy Emmanuel)

I got a facial last night.  On camera.

Of course I was going to make that joke.  I'm a child that's somehow been allowed to pilot the body of a fully grown man.  That sort of plays into this particular post though, so stick with me.

I am a man, and I can't see very well.  When you put those two things together, you have a remarkably potent recipe for not really giving a damn about what my face looks like.  In spite of how much my mother used to rail on me to wash my face before I went to bed, good skin care has never really struck me as important.  I'm fortunate enough that I haven't ever really grown pimples more than the next guy, and I have access to clean water in which to bathe, so my skin hygiene isn't exactly terrifying. I just sort of...look like a guy.  A few days ago, my sister Katy asked me to re-examine this.

While I typically delight in giving my sister grief, I'm forced to admit that, in this particular instance, she's actually quite qualified to give this type of advice.  When she's not running herself ragged as a wife, mother, home-maker, and super hero, she plies her craft as a very capable skin care consultant with Rodan + Fields.

"Let me give you a facial," she said, "And if it doesn't blow your mind, I'll leave you be.  But if you like it, you really need to try out some of my skin care products."

What followed was an evening full of awkward references about the Umbrella corporation, a little bit of an education, and three people crammed into a bathroom watching me put something that was roughly the consistency of wallpaper paste with sand in it on my face.  My very good friend volunteered to video the whole thing, and the result is what you see below.

Said results will probably surprise you, and may just entertain as well.









Comments

Popular Posts